In the Learning Consulting Foundations program, entry-level learning consultants build a well-rounded set of capabilities allowing them to perform and coordinate the fundamental tasks in learning consulting projects. Upon completing this foundation-level program, consultants should understand what it takes to work with clients on complex content and efficiently complete learning development deliverables according to professional standards and project requirements. These consultants can then become critical contributors to design teams, performing and coordinating the development and customer service tasks that make up the bulk of most learning projects.
Attendance is free to students and recently-graduated students in fields related to organizational learning and design. You may attend either module or both modules. Attendees will receive a certificate showing modules attended.
Note that this is not a course on running a consulting business, and it will not cover such things as marketing or invoicing.
What is Learning Consulting?
Learning consulting – the focus of this course – is working with organizations, either externally or internally, applying learning strategies to increase those organizations’ capabilities and make them healthier. Learning Consultants apply research and principles from fields such as human resource development, organizational development, psychology, media design, business management, and user experience design. Learning consulting is a service-oriented profession committed to the results and health of organizations and individuals within those organizations.
Strategic Ascent is an organizational learning consulting company. Our Learning Consultants work with organizations to design, develop, and implement learning strategies to help them achieve their aspired results.
Module 1, Learning Consulting, August 10 & 11 (Monday & Tuesday)
- Business & Content Analysis
- Client Relationships
- Managing Design Tasks
Module 2, Learning Design and Development, August 12 & 13 (Wednesday & Thursday)
- Effective Learning
- Effective Learning Materials
- Materials Creation
- Jay Clancy, President, Strategic Ascent
Apply below by June 29 for the modules you would like to attend. We will inform you if you have been accepted by July 10.
- Acceptance decisions will be based on our judgement about your level of passion for making differences in organizational learning and your potential for making such differences. We will draw from your application and other ways we might know about you.
- Once you have been notified of your acceptance, you must confirm your attendance by the deadline given to you to hold your space in the course. Failure to confirm your attendance may cause you to lose your acceptance.
- Once you confirm your attendance, we will expect you to attend the entirety of the sessions to which you applied. Your failure to attend will jeopardize other candidates who could have attended. Also, if you confirm your attendance, your academic program or sponsor or the person or group who referred you may request us to verify whether you attended.
- If not enough participants, the event may be cancelled, and attendees will be notified a week before start date.
- Applications received up until the session date might be taken if space is available.
If you have questions, please email Monica at [email protected]
- Business-appropriate dress and jeans are recommended.
- Park in the Ashford 5 parking garage, and NOT in spaces marked “Visitors” or “Reserved.”
- Bring your laptops. MS Office is required; MS Windows is preferred.
- Feel free to bring lunch or go to one of many restaurants in the area.
Strategic Ascent, a division of Clancy Learning LLC, is a Houston training company.
Established in 2000, Strategic Ascent is a strategic organizational learning design company consulting with large and small organizations across many global industries on training and human resource development projects to help them improve their organizational results.